Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What's Your Viewpoint?

Last weekend we had a great missions conference at our church. It was much shorter than in the past but equally effective, if not more so. There was an outpouring of financial commitments, far more people signing up for mission trips, and in general, sort of a "this is normal" attitude about the whole thing. I know such an attitude is unusual for many churches but I have discovered that as my walk with the Lord matures my viewpoint changes. I pray that what actually is happening is that I am seeing things more through Christ's eyes and less through my own.

I found a video that challenged me but at the same time opened my eyes to a whole new concept of "local"missions. It shouldn't; it's one of those "Duh" moments. It shows the difference between attractional evangelism (bringing people to church) and incarnational evangelilsm (bringing Christ to the culture). It takes a little over 9 minutes. See how it will affect you.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rRGac7eHKgc

This is just something for you and me to think about today.

No comments:

Post a Comment